Rom 8:29 For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren. 30 Moreover whom He predestined, these He also called; whom He called, these He also justified; and whom He justified, these He also glorified.
Rom:13 For if you live according to the flesh you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the deeds of the body, you will live. 14 For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. 15 For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, but you received the Spirit of adoption by whom we cry out, “Abba, Father.” 16 The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, 17 and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may also be glorified together.
- He foreknew us meaning He knows that we would be born before we even existed.
- We are predestined to be conformed to image of Jesus. Mat 3:17 “This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased.”
- So God called us (called us to salvation, to be His children)
- He justified us (justify us through Jesus so we receive righteousness in Christ). Heb 4:16 come boldly before His throne
- He glorify us because we serve Him with good works and become Christlike
Develop fruit of the Spirit like Christ
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are evident, which are: adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lewdness, 20 idolatry, sorcery, hatred, contentions, jealousies, outbursts of wrath, selfish ambitions, dissensions, heresies, 21 envy, murders, drunkenness, revelries, and the like; of which I tell you beforehand, just as I also told you in time past, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness (KJV: meekness/strength under humility), self-control. Against such there is no law. 24 And those who are Christ’s have crucified the flesh with its passions and desires. 25 If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit. 26 Let us not become conceited, provoking one another, envying one another.
His workmanship for good works
Eph 2:8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. 10 For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
– crowns of righteousness – 2 Tim 4:7-8 (living righteous life with faith)
– incorruptible/imperishable crown – 1 Cor 9:24-27 (self-denial, discipline life for Christ)
– crown of life – Rev 2:10 (enduring hardship, testing, tribulation even martyr)
– crown of rejoicing – 1 The 2:19-20 (getting people saved/restored)
– crown of glory – 1 Pet 5:1-4 (serving the Lord in ministry esp in shepherding & teaching)
Are crowns real? In Revelation 4:10, the twenty-four elders … cast their crowns before the throne
1 Cor 3:12 Now if anyone builds on this foundation with gold, silver, precious stones, wood, hay, straw, 13 each one’s work will become clear; for the Day will declare it, because it will be revealed by fire; and the fire will test each one’s work, of what sort it is. 14 If anyone’s work which he has built on it endures, he will receive a reward. 15 If anyone’s work is burned, he will suffer loss; but he himself will be saved, yet so as through fire.
Rev 20:12 And I saw the dead, the great and the small, standing before the throne, and books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life; and the dead were judged from the things which were written in the books, according to their deeds.
1 Cor 4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord comes, who will both bring to light the hidden things of darkness and reveal the counsels of the hearts. Then each one’s praise will come from God.
Luke 19:15 parables of the talents. 10 ,5 talents = authority over cities. 1 talent hidden = wicked servant
Mat 6:19 “Do not lay up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy and where thieves break in and steal; 20 but lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust destroys and where thieves do not break in and steal. 21 For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.
How To Live For God
* Die to self (take up the cross, crucify self-centredness, passions and desires)
* meditate daily in the Word (feed the spirit) – Psalm 119:11, Your word I have hidden in my heart, that I might not sin against You. Psalm 1:2,3 ..That brings forth its fruit in its season..
* Worship transform us
* Walk in the Spirit
* Serve God in ministry
* Do good deeds to others